Senior Congress leader and former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit passed away on July 20, 2019 at 81 years of age. Dixit has been the Chief Minister of Delhi for 15 consecutive years from 1998 to 2013. He has also been the Governor of Kerala.
Sheila Dikshit Death
Sheila Dikshit was 81Years Old. She had been ill for a long time. She was admitted at around 10.30 am on 20th July 2019. She died at 3.30 pm at a city hospital.
Sheila Dikshit was an an Indian politician, Social Activist who belongs to the Indian National Congress party. She is the second female Chief Minister of Delhi after Sushma Swaraj.
Sheila Dikshit Family, Birth, Early Life
Sheila Dikshit was born on March 31, 1938 in Kapurth ala, Punjab into a Punjabi Khatri family. she got education at the Jesus and Mary Convent School in Delhi and secured master’s degree in history from Miranda House of Delhi University.
Sheila Dikshit Husband, Son
He was married IAS officer late Vinod Dikshit to Unnao (UP) . Vinod was the eldest leader of the Congress and the former Governor of Bengal. Mr. Dixit died due to a heart attack in a train journey with his wife and children. Umashankar was the son of Dixit. Sheela’s son Sandeep Dikshit has also been a Delhi MP.
|Sheila Dikshit Short info|
|Full Name||Sheila Dikshit|
|Date of Birth||March 31, 1938|
|Death||20 July 2019 (aged 81)|
|Birthplace||Kapurthala, Punjab, India.|
|Age||81 Years Old (in 2019)|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.6 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 149.91 lbs
|Master's Degree in History, Doctor of Philosophy|
|Husband||Late Vinod Dixit (IAS Officer)|
|Children||son - Sandeep Dikshit
Daughter - Latika Dikshit Syed.
|Sheila Dikshit Net Worth||Rs 4.92 crore|
|Online Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
Some Lasser Known Facts about Sheila Dikshit
- She was a Chairperson of Young Women’s Association in the early 1970s.
- She was a Member of Parliament representing Kannauj constituency of Uttar Pradesh from 1984 to 1989.
- She was a Member of the Lok Sabha’s Estimates Committee.
- She was Chaired the Implementation Committee formed to commemorate forty years of Indian Independence and the centenary of Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Sheila Dikshit has Represented India at the United Nations Commission on the status of women from 1984 to 1989.
- She was Union minister from 1986 to 1989, handling two positions as minister of state in the prime minister’s office and as minister of state for parliamentary affairs, showing her mettle in administrative and parliamentary matters.
- She was Chief minister of Delhi for three consecutive terms from 1998 to 2013.
- She was The Governor of Kerala from March to August 2014.